What are the Digital Archives?
- The Digital Archives contain scanned images of Land Registry’s historical 1862 Act Register.
- The original records are in 272 volumes, containing a mix of handwritten or typed pages made from parchment, waxed linen or paper, and printed documents and deed plans.
- The digital version is an exact replica of the original paper version.
- Around 2,000 individual properties were registered across England & Wales.
- Each registered property was given a unique reference number or ‘Title Number’.
How to search?
There are 5 different fields that can be used for searching, namely:
- Owner's Name: the name of the person who was registered as the owner of a registered property.
- County/Parish: where the property is located (based on 1862 boundaries).
- Title Number: the unique reference number given to each property when it was first registered.
- Volume Number: the individual reference number for a book from the collection.
- Page Number: the number of the page within a volume.
You can find more tips for searching the collection here.